This calendar was sent to me recently.
I am sharing it because it’s really useful and easy to understand.
The calendar shows the following: -
- when Jains avoid eating root vegetables
- when Jains avoid eating green vegetables
- when there’s a Jain festival
- when it’s an auspicious day
- when the tithis are i.e. Aatham, Chaudas, Pancham, Bij and Agiyaras
I thought that it might be useful for: -
- those of you who ‘follow’ these dates
- for those who are interested in understanding what’s happening and when and
- for those of you who know others who incorporate these dates into their daily life i.e. it might help you pre-empt when it’s possible to meet up, eat out etc.