I’ve been talking to a few people, just chatting, as you do! The thing is when they express how they feel at home and work, I seem to be hearing a lot of the same stuff. It can’t be the weather coz the weather’s lovely! Can it be the economy?
Generally, I’m hearing that people don’t feel consulted or they feel consulted but it’s a tokenistic gesture as it means nothing in the long run. If you’re feeling like this, is it time to re-evaluate and make changes to improve this area of your life?
Here’s something that a close friend wrote: –
Tired of feeling unsure about how to be
Tired of feeling like I have no control/input in decision making
Tired of feeling like when I’m involved in decision making it means nothing
Tired of feeling like only what you want/feel matters
If youâ€™re feeling like this, is it time to re-evaluate and make changes to improve this area of your life?
- make a list of things you want to change
- think about how to make those changes
- pick the thing you want to change the most, along with the one that has strategies which you can put in place
- plan how to make your ideas work
- perhaps create a timeline of when you’ll start making these changes and when you want to achieve your desiredÂ result
Suraj · June 27, 2009 at 5:22 pm
I feel it’s a sign of the times. People are generally over worked and under rested. The world is caught up in this go, go, go mentality and everyone is rushing to get nowhere.
People need to slow down and take better care of themselves in all areas.
Heena Modi · June 28, 2009 at 11:02 pm
Yes! That would be nice : )
I guess we’re all in control of ourselves and if we not, we need to get that control back
Comments are closed.