Hey guys. My friend was telling me about the fact that he was going away and didnâ€™t know what to take. I stumbled upon this website and found a section helping travellers prepare for when they are away. It’s pretty good! What do you think?
* think about what you are doing at all times and trust your instincts – donâ€™t take risks that you wouldnâ€™t at home!
* donâ€™t openly display valuables such as mobile phones or digital cameras and consider using a padlock on suitcases or backpacks
* find out about local customs and dress, behave accordingly and obey local laws -there may be serious penalties for breaking a law that might seem trivial at home
* be careful when taking photographs, videos or using binoculars. Such activities may be misunderstood, especially near military installations
* consider taking your mobile with you or renting one whilst youâ€™re away. Store useful numbers such as the local police and the nearest embassy or consulate
* check with your service provider to make sure your phone works abroad
* check whether itâ€™s safe to drink local tap water- if not, stick to bottled water and avoid salads, non-peeling fruit and ice in drinks
* use your judgement when buying and eating food youâ€™ve not prepared yourself
* respect the environment â€“ donâ€™t buy wildlife souvenirs, conserve resources like water and donâ€™t drop litter
* check import regulations for food and plants with Defra before you attempt to bring them back to the UK