Whenever I move my SIM card from one phone to another I always seem to forget to save something and therefore I lose bits of information, which I would have liked to keep. I figured that there must others who have done the same thing, so I’ve created a list of things to keep in mind when switching phones. I hope this will help you avoid kicking yourself before you forgot to transfer, share or backup your content.
- WhatsApp – you may have chats or photos on Whatsapp which you need to reply to or want to keep for sentimental reasons
- You can email the conversation to yourself
- You can back up and restore your chats
- You can take screenshots and save them
- Texts – same as above
- Some apps allow you to share the thread via email
- You can take screenshots and save them if they’re not too long
- You can use an app like SMS Backup to same them to an email account
- Alarms – this is worth doing if you have reoccurring ones, which you many not remember when you are faced with a ‘blank’ phone
- Task apps
- I use Wunderlist to create lists of tasks with reminders. This app allows me to create reminders and scheduled recurring tasks.
- Photos – you can back these up to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or something else
- Passwords – it’s worth finding a way to set passwords so that when you’re switching phones or using a different computer/laptop, you’re not stuck because they were saved on the regular machine that you use
- Downloads – you may have saved the odd photo or opened an attachment which was downloaded and forgotten
- Music on device – it’s worth saving this to Dropbox, Google Drive, OneDrive or something else
Can you think of anything that I’ve missed off the list?