What do we do to PREVENT thieves from stealing our things?
- We put locks on doors
- We add locks to windows
- We install a home alarm and service it annually
- We ensure that we’ve turned the alarm on when we leave the home
- We add tracking devices to our car
- We set a complicated security lock on our phones eg face recognition or a difficult pattern to unlock it
- We hide our more precious things amongst other ‘common’ belongings so they’re not easily found if a thief invades our home
- We hire a storage box at the bank
What do we do to MINIMISE the loss incurred?
- We buy an Insurance policy to cover the phone
- We get cover for the car
- We research and buy a policy to protect the home and its contents
- We ensure that the policy covers our clothes and electrical equipment
- We may get an additional insurance policy to cover jewellery
- We get 5 star cover for the boiler
- We pay into annual travel insurance
- We ensure the body is covered if we die abroad
- Then there’s another policy for accidental damage to the body
- And there’s the insurance policy that pays a sum after death
What do we do to UNDO any losses?
- Take photos of what we own so it can be traced and/or re-made
- Create and save a soft copy of photos so we can re-print them
- Back up our documents
What do we do to STOP our things being harmed?
- Don’t let others use them in case they get broken or damaged
- Scan precious photos so that we have a backup of them in case they’re torn damaged or lost
- Wash dry iron and store our clothes carefully
- Clean our shoes with the right products
- Have furniture sprayed with a protection guard
- Service the car routinely
- Use the best oil and fuel
- Use the better paint when decorating the home which can be doesn’t stain or get effected by mould
What do we do to RETAIN good appearance?
- Eat well
- Use special creams
- Make – up
- Hair treatments
- Get enough/extra sleep
The list is endless!
What do we do to stop our delusion for all things temporary from Â stealing our ability to think straight? To think right…
What do we do ensure we don’t give in to likes and dislikes and behave badly as a result?
What do we put in place to make sure we stay equanimous? Centred…
What do we to pacify, and rise above, that which results in disgraceful thoughts and behaviour – greed, ego, anger and deceit?
What do we do to imbibe forgiveness, contentment, humility and straightforwardness?
What do we to avoid wallowing in the experiences of the body? To stop ourselves being a slave of it…
What do we do to ignore the pull and power of the senses?
Have we got these things in mind AS MUCH AS those mentioned above?
Do we put AS MANY things in place to save our True selves rather than the temporary things described above?