What has inspired me to create this post?
A few people I know have gone away recently and somehow they’ve mentioned that they don’t know where to begin in terms of what to pack. They were concerned that they’d leave something important out!
I used to go and stay in Leicester a lot so I created my own check list to make sure I didn’t forget anything.
It was so simple. I made it once, kept it on the pc so I could add to it or share it with others (I didn’t have a blog back then, you see, so forwarding by email was the key?! :)) and I’d keep a print out of it in the suitcase that I took for weekend travel so it was at hand when I needed it. As easy as that. 🙂
Now that I have a blog I thought I’d share it with you in the hope that it will help someone else feel less disorganised or rushed when packing.
If I’ve left anything out please do let me know.
- Casual clothes
- Dressy clothes
- Night clothes
- Underwear to suit the clothes you’ve packed
- Clothes for work if you’re going straight to work after your break
General things: ~
- Drivers licence – especially for ID if we go you go somewhere where there’s a minimum age of entry.
- Toiletry bag ~ deodorant, shower cap, cream, perfume, nail cutter, toothbrush, cotton pads, cotton buds, make up, make up remover, sanitary items, wet wipes, toothbrush, hairbrush
- Glasses, lenses, solution kit for lenses and cleaning cloth for glasses
- Daily medications
- Watch, alarm clock
- Paper to write letters or notes of some sort
- Music player
- Camera with batteries and charger
- Phone charger
- Timer if you don’t want to charge something all night
- Make – up
- A book you’re in the middle of or want to start
- Maps/sat nav
- Pen, paper,
In case the hotel/bnb don’t supply it
- shower gel